Tuesday, April 15, 2008

町田が大好き

Classes have started! So far, they are roughly equal quantities awesome and brutal. Instruction is about 99% in Japanese, so it's very easy to get lost if you don't keep on top of things with all your strength.

My primary Japanese class is taught by two teachers, who alternate days, so I've only met one of them so far. She seemed like a good teacher, as did the teacher for my Speaking class.

Also, I have now officially moved in with my homestay family. Their names are Shinji and Kazue Muramatsu, and they are very nice and are pampering the hell out of me, as expected. Shinji-san speaks pretty good English, which it is hard to keep him from using, because if I try to stick to Japanese then he explains everything ten times. I'm sure we'll work something out eventually.

Anyways, pictures! The Muramatsu apartment is on the 14th floor of the Sophia apartment building, smack in the middle of downtown Machida. The view off the balcony is phenomenal, but nearly impossible to capture with my crappy camera.



I love being able to look straight down from the balcony and see all the people walking by underneath. It's very cool.


And here they are! This is after dinner (no Japanese cuisine tonight; we had Paella), while the three of us are enjoying some Japanese tea.

I am definitely looking forward to the next few months!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you're having a good time. Any news on when/if you'll be getting a keitai?

Alan Gordon said...

Unfortunately, considering the expense and my duration of stay, I don't think it's really worth it for me to spring for a keitai.

H.M. Comet said...

chou benri!!!! Thats soooo convenient living right in the middle of Machida!!! you can party away and go home in seconds!!!!

For a cell, you could always get a prepaid cell phone (it definitely takes stress off if you get lost or need to meet with someone) which is pretty cheap I think...
Adria

Unknown said...

What is a "keitai"?
Grandpa

Alan Gordon said...

See, that's what happens when I don't talk to non-Japanese-speakers enough. I start to assume people know this stuff.

Keitai = cellphone.