Monday, March 3, 2008

私は、日本へまだ行きませんでした。

So this is my blog for my study abroad trip. I'll start posting interesting stuff at it when I actually leave.

The general info:

  • I leave on March 31st, and come back in early August.
  • I will be attending Oberlin University. It's just outside Tokyo.
  • I will be primarily studying Japanese during my stay, but I might be taking other classes. I don't know yet.
  • I have requested to do a homestay with a family in Japan. I haven't heard back from them about this.
I think that's it for now. If I missed anything, I'll add it later.

Now, here's the important part:
If you want to recieve postcards from me while I am in Japan, please comment on this post with your name and address. I need the whole list in one place so that I don't forget anyone.

As a side note, I apologize if I use Japanese and don't explain it at any point in the blog. I'll always be doing it for the post titles; interpreting them is largely unnecessary, but has been left as an exercise for the reader.

お休みなさい。(Good night.)

10 comments:

Eva said...

I'll want a postcard, but I think you might possibly remember the address. Good luck on your adventure!

Unknown said...

I want postcards!!

Unknown said...

oops, duhhh....

cgordon@altrionet.com

Ashera said...

ummmmmmmmm.. until june hilary torres = 329 ridgeway alpha wwu bham wa 98225 and after june hilary torres = 491 spring lane, sedro-woolley wa 98284


i will send postcards back! so expect 'em.

LITEFOOT said...

Have a some really interesting experiences, in the non-Chinese sense. They are the best kind. Good luck and good food! Looking forward to hearing from you. Uncle Irv and Aunt Erlene

Unknown said...

We'd love a postcard! Here's our mailing address:

15600 NE 8th, Ste B1 PMB 116
Bellevue, WA 98008

Have a great trip!
Donna, Bal & Kaden

Rowan said...

I'd like a postcard once in a while. It certainly doesn't have to be frequent, but if you find any cool pictures on a postcard I'd like to have them. I trust your judgement on what I'd find interesting as a picture.

1019 21st Street #303
B'ham ect.

(PS: My word verification was "plubor." I think that should be a real word. What do you think it'd mean?)

chibitenchi said...

i'd like postcards too.

2105 Knox Ave Apt #4
Bellingham, WA 98225

Pam East said...

If you get the chance, take a trip to Hakone National Park. I remember really enjoying the open air museum. In 1981 There was also an arial tramway that took you directly over a sulfur mine. That was certainly an olfactory, if slightly surreal, experience. Kyoto is another lovely excursion.

Postcards welcome!

4950 Streamside Dr
Johns Creek, GA 30022

Have fun!
Aunt Pam

Grandma and Grandpa said...

Alan, we'd love to get some postcards from you. Just remember, we can't read Japanese ;-).

Our mailing address is:
444a and Grandpa8 E. Main St. #3-205
Mesa, AZ 85205

Have fun.
Love, Grandma and Grandpa